World Update XV: Nordics and Greenland has arrived for Microsoft Flight Simulator which brings more fun for those wanting to visit Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, Sweden, Greenland, and the Faroe Islands! Enhancements include the following:
- 90 hand-made points of interest
- 10 TIN (triangulated irregular network) cities
- 5 hand-crafted airports
- Broad-based, high-resolution geographic updates using significantly enhanced DEMs (digital elevation models) in Iceland, Norway, and Sweden
- Fresh aerial imagery and satellite data across the entire region
World Update XV: Nordics and Greenland also adds new activities including four discovery flights, three landing challenges, and three bush trips to challenge yourself to. There are also new points of interest to explore across Denmark, Finland, Greenland, Iceland, Norway, and Sweden. More details can be found below.
Points of interest include:
- Denmark’s Farø Bridges, Gråsten Palace, and Ribe Cathedral
- Finland’s Bengtskär Lighthouse, Kökar church, and Tähtiniemi Bridge
- Greenland’s Arctic Station, EastGRIP, and Summit Station
- Iceland’s Knarrarós Lighthouse, Laugardalsvöllur Stadium, and Ólafsvíkurkirkja Church
- Norway’s Andenes Lighthouse, Gjemnessund Bridge, and Svalbard Global Seed Vault
- Sweden’s Älvsborg Bridge, Arctic Space Centre, and Aurora Sky Station.
Discovery Flights include:
- Bergen (Norway)
- Gothenburg (Sweden)
- Faroe Islands (Denmark)
- Reykjavík (Iceland)
Landing Challenges include:
- Akureyri Airport (BIAR – Iceland)
- Ekeby Airport (ESSC – Sweden)
- Mo i Rana Airport (ENRA – Norway)
Bush Trips include:
- Baltic Coast of Denmark and Sweden
- Norway’s Spitsbergen
World Update XV is now available for free on Xbox and PC. See the full release on the Microsoft Flight Simulator blog for more information: https://www.flightsimulator.com/microsoft-flight-simulator-releases-world-update-xv-nordics-greenland/
Additionally, Microsoft recently released another famous flyer, the Mitsubishi Heavy Industries MU-2. The twin-turbo aircraft comes with five liveries (white, executive white, executive black, Xbox aviators club, and aviators club) and is available in the sim marketplace for $14.99 (currently on sale for $9.99).
More information on the Mitsubishi Heavy Industries MU-2 can be found on the official Microsoft Flight Simulator blog here: https://www.flightsimulator.com/microsoft-flight-simulator-releases-famous-flyer-7-the-mitsubishi-heavy-industries-mu-2/
Enough talking though! I picked up the MU-2 and set for the skies! Here is a round trip flight I did with the MU-2 as I toured Finland’s Bengtskär Lighthouse.