ICON has announced the pending approval of a Type Certified model of the ICON A5. This is a seminal moment, as it paves the way for the A5 to be available for export to and registration in countries around the world.
Type Certification, simply put, makes the process of importing, certifying and registering the aircraft easier in countries that either don’t have a Light Sport category or don’t recognize the A5’s weight exemption.
This model of the A5 will be Type Certified in the Primary Category and features the Garmin 796 avionics package, as well as a new Signature livery design with three new color options. The first ICON A5 Certified Edition is scheduled to come off the assembly line in late 2021.
For additional information on the Type Certified A5 as well as FAQs that highlight some of the differences between S-LSA and Certified aircraft, please click here.
For the week of EAA Airventure Oshkosh 2021, ICON is offering a special ownership program.
Here are the details of this one-week-only special program:
- Two years of scheduled maintenance included with purchase ($12,500 value).
- $20,000 refundable deposit secures this offer and your preferred delivery position between December 2021 and June 2022.
- Only 10 aircraft are available for this program
- Both S-LSA and Type Certified A5 aircraft are eligible.
All it takes is:
- $20,000 refundable deposit no later than August 1 at 5pm CST.
- A signed Deposit Form identifying your preferred timing and model.