Photo above – Senior Category, 1st Place by Alison Wan of Virginia.
The winners for the 2021 U.S. Youth Aviation Art Contest have been selected by the contest’s managing organization, National Association of State Aviation Officials (NASAO), in partnership with National Aeronautic Association (NAA).
The annual contest is part of a larger international effort to inspire youth to illustrate the importance of aviation through art. Contest submissions are grouped into three separate age categories for judging, allowing students ranging from 6 – 17 years old to compete. The 2021 theme, is “A Friendlier World with Air Sports” which encouraged students to create artwork that captures a friendlier world that comes from people meeting and sharing their love of sport aviation.
To qualify for the U.S. national contest, all artwork was first submitted into state-level competitions, with the winning entries forwarded to NASAO for national award consideration. This year, NASAO received over 120 pieces of art from 15 participating states.
The national winners have been submitted into the International Contest, which will be judged in June by FAI.
- 1st Place: Grace Sun- New Jersey, Age 9
- 2nd Place: Nithin Metha- Nebraska, Age 9
- 3rd Place: Kyndall Anthony- North Carolina, Age 10
- 1st Place: Anish Upadhyaya- North Carolina, Age 13
- 2nd Place: Chu Xl Sheng- Virginia, Age 12
- 3rd Place: Ava Lanzy- North Carolina, Age 13
- 1st Place: Allison Wan- Virginia, Age 16
- 2nd Place: Amy Lee- North Carolina, Age 17
- 3rd Place: Isabel Chang- North Carolina, Age 15
Congratulations to the 2021 U.S. national winners! [View art]