Position: Airport Engineering Section Director
Job ID: 107579
Location: Austin, Texas
Salary Range: $7699.17 – $13021.33 Monthly
Oversees all phases of general aviation airport project activities, to include right-of-way acquisition, engineering design and construction and associated administrative and support activities. Reports to the Director, Aviation Division. Manages a group of professional and technical employees. Work requires extensive contact with high-level executives, governmental officials and private entities. Employees at this level are virtually self-supervising and assume direct accountability for the work product.
The essential duties for this job include:
- Acts as Department consultant to federal, state and local governmental agencies and officials regarding design, construction, improvement and maintenance of general aviation airports.
- Develops work programs for the engineering staff in the development of air transportation in Texas.
- Directs the review, processing and certification of airport design plans.
- Represents the Department on state and national committees concerned with airport projects.
- Serves as liaison with the Federal Aviation Administration.
- May serve as the Division Director in their absence.
- Executes special assignments and prepares reports
- Performs other job responsibilities as assigned.
Education and License required:
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering and Licensed Professional Engineer
To see full posting and to apply please go to the following website on or after June 15, 2017: